5/25/2009

Saving Money - With a Garden

One way to save money, if you have the space, is to plant a garden. It does cost a bit of money to buy seeds and plants - but I think it saves you money in a couple of different ways.

  • I will (hopefully) spend less money on food;
  • I will spend less money going out because I am investing time weeding, watering and otherwise tending to my garden; and,
  • I will spend quality time with my great aunt and with Jordan while gardening.

We planted, and I am fairly confident the following vegtables will grow:

  • Peas
  • Potatoes
  • Carrots
  • Lettuce
  • Cucumbers
  • Broccoli
  • Chives

We also planted the following - which i hope will grow but have less experience with:

  • One tomoato plant (my brother has about 6 at our house)
  • One pumpkin plant
  • One hot pepper plant
  • a blueberry bush (small)
  • One cauliflower plant

Hopefully, everything grows! We split the costs of everything we bought (seeds and some starter plants) and spent about $50. I had some seeds I bought from last year that we used too.

1 comment:

  1. HI JESSIE!
    ok,i think it will grow!
    yummy...
    my emergency fund is next month where it should be att $1000.it has taken me 5month.
    have you visit my blog today,there is a good film..

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers