3/30/2010

where have i been?

My mom said that she's looking forward to work calming down some - because she misses me....  I hadn't realized how absent I've been lately. 

So, what's been going on?

Well - work mostly.  It's been pretty crazy lately.  Every April our company goes through a salary review process - everyone's salary is reviewed.  There is a lot of work that goes into it.  First - a lot of market research is done to see how we rate against other's in our industry.  We provide the data to our management team, they advise the division/group managers and decisions are made.  Once salary decisions are made - we have to produce letters - every salary conversation = a salary letter....it's a lot of work.

I won't go into more detail than that, but needless to say, there's been a lot of overtime lately.

That said, the extra hours are great, with it I have already reached the max in my OT 'bank' (we choose if we get it paid out if we bank it to a certain level - I bank to 75 hours) and I've got another 14 hours (so far) that will be paid out on April 1st.  That will sure make my trip to Palm Springs easier.

I've got some great things to write about coming up - so I'll save that for later :D

2 comments:

  1. 14 hours will be a nice boost to your cheque. Just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean there could be a raise in your future?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers