11/02/2010

slow and steady

There's not a lot of new things to report lately, other than I have a dreadful stomache bug.

We're still saving, slow and steady for all of our goals - and I'm hopeful that they'll all be met.

We have gone over our credit card budget, but trying to reign that in as best we can until Saturday.  This was from some Christmas shopping and more recently a trip back home.  Well, that's what did it in the end - but we could have planned a bit better and not splurged on other things.  My mom suggested that perhaps the majority of our spending happenes at the beginning of the cycle - so we run out at the end.  I'm going to see if I can graph our shopping days to explore that a bit further.

I'm not as excited for Christmas as I usually am by now...I feel like something is missing.  Not sure exactly what it is, but I'm on the look out for some Christmas Cheer.

3 comments:

  1. Slow and steady is far better than spiralling deep into debt :-)

    I know what you mean about missing the cheer right now though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow and steady wins the race! You're doing great! You have a plan and you are both well disciplined in your budgetting so be patient and it will all come together... it just takes time!

    As for the Christmas cheer you are seeking - I think I saw me some eggnog at the grocery store last week - that, and a wee bit of rum should do the trick! Then, dangle some Christmas decorations on your shirt and jingle away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is only November 2nd!! Don't wish the days away!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers