7/29/2014

I've Been Slacking

...I can't believe it's been a few weeks since I've last written...and I haven't made much progress at all with the last few things I committed to.

I haven't made an appointment with a lawyer for a will - BUT Jordan and I did have some good conversations about who/how/what in terms of our estate at this point in time.

I also stalled on the home inventory...but I need to get back to that too!

The Joint Chequing account sega is actually complete though!  We have completed moving all of our joint chequing transactions into a joint savings account that earns a few points better interest AND then allows us to use the joint account like a proper joint account for our day-to-day expenses.  Following up on the: Is $300 Enough Post - we've bumped our weekly spending for d2d up to $400.

So far so good.

The intent here is to stop relying on credit cards; and get back to the original spending plan...that is, stop spending once the money in that account is gone for the week. Oh! and that the other piece; we're going back to weekly rather than bi-weekly for the day-to-day account.  Just easier to manage.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I've missed you! :)

    That's great that the $400 is working. I've been trying to save more which has left me with less spending money which leads me to put things on the credit card. Its a vicious cycle! I did try to pull off a shopping ban over the summer but I've already cheated :(

    Next month I'm leaving the credit card at home, can't use it if I don't have it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morgaine!

      We do the exact same thing! Give ourselves less to spend, and then pull out the C/Cs....totally a cycle.

      I've never tried an all out shopping ban..I'm not sure how well that would go over.

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers