10/20/2014

Cashing in Points

There's nothing like the impending holiday shopping that inspires me to look in on all of our points/rewards card balances and see if we can get a few gift cards to help with shopping or straight out gift-giving.

I checked in with Aeroplan points and thanks to my recent work trip to Washington, DC - we had just enough to get a $100 Costco Gift Card.  That should arrive early November which is great!

Next I looked in on AirMiles...we have over 5,000 dream miles of them but unfortunately they no longer carry gift cards; so I'm at a bit of a loss there.  For anyone familiar with their programme, they are pushing their AirMiles Cash over the Dream and a lot of the Dream benefits are now gone.

Well...I'm not sure what we're going to get yet with those miles...as their don't seem to be flights available or accessible either...so we'll have to see.

But yay, for $100 for Costco!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really a big blog commenter but I really wanted to say something here. I really appreciate your blog. I find it is very real with the everyday, without setting down unrealistic (for me) proclamations that feel like they're giving up life. Anyhow, thank you for this post! I have started to plan for Christmas spending and although I'm good at budgeting for presents, it's often the extra food and alcohol needed for special events that I forget to plan for. After reading this post I checked out both my hubby and my aeroplan miles and lo and behold we had enough for two Costco giftcards. These will arrive just in time for Christmas spending and will cover the cost of an annual Christmas party I host. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers