10/31/2014

October Networth Update

October has been a very good month for our networth!

We were reimbursed for Jordan's dental surgery, received just over $600 for contents insurance from our hail damage claim, Jordan's increased commissions scale have been realized and my mom gave us a financial gift for something fun and sensible (that we have yet to spend, so it's added $1,500 to our networth for now).

 Today is also Jordan's pay day....and it looks like I have $650 to play with.  Here's where it's going:

  • $150 to the Escape, bringing the balance down to $3,000 even
  • $500 for Christmas
I really, really debated putting the whole $650 on the Escape...but that's been part of our...historical problem.  I put too much money on one kind of debt, than rack up another kind because I didn't have cash to pay for something we should have .  THEN it looks like we're crappy with  money, when really I just payed less interest (b/c the Escape has a higher interest rate then the LOC) ...annnd I shouldn't worry about looking like we're crappy with money, but there it is.

2 comments:

  1. No, don't worry about looking like your crappy with money, I think you guys are doing great! I also used to go into debt for Christmas when I was trying to pay it down but this year I started saving earlier (next year I'm going to try starting in January) and I had enough as of my last cheque to cover all the presents :) Live and learn as they say :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers