3/04/2016

Banana Muffins

To help us stay on track of not eating out this month, I'm going to be trying to come up with healthy and tasty snacks for breakfasts and lunches.

We honestly (I know, it's hard to believe), very often have leftovers for lunch so breakfast is the big challenge outside of cereal every day, but there are days when there weren't enough leftovers for all three of us - so having more snacks will be good.  I also want to do this without going crazy in the grocery store so want to try to use things that we have in the freezer and the pantry as much as possible.

First up is homemade banana bread.

We had 7 frozen bananas which turned into four dozen muffins! 
Yes, that's my bite mark out of one of them.


6 comments:

  1. Four dozen. That's a lot. I wonder if you will get tired of them before they're gone or will they be so good that you could eat them every day with no problems?
    Good start to your month of eating in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't gotton tired of them yet :) we froze them in packs of a dozen so they stay fresh and we can pull them out as needed.

      Delete
    2. I do the same but with Chocolate Chip Muffins! I make a large amount all at once and take one out the morning before work and it's ready to eat for coffee break. Taste just like I made them a day ago. :)

      Delete
    3. Nice! I think once these ones are eaten up we'll need another flavor while the other sit for more bananas to get added to th freezer stash.

      Delete
  2. They are definitely a go to in our house. both the muffins and the loaves.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers