3/03/2016

Eating Out Ban

 Yesterday I mentioned that Jordan and I had cut our eating out spending by quite a bit but that we still had a ways to go.

To 'reset' this habit, we have decided that for the month of March we will spend $0 on eating out.  Jordan actually made the commitment first after reading some of my previous posts. 

I don't know if we have ever gone a week, let alone a month without a single restaurant or fast food purchase so I'm really excited for this.  

I'm excited to see what happens to the budget - if we spend more on groceries or not, and if there are any changes to our waistlines.

Wish us luck!



4 comments:

  1. Good luck. I don't know if we could go a whole month without some food from the outside or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've never done an all out ban on anything before, but it feels like the right call to give it a try and see if we can.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! When we banned eating out, we started to see a real difference in our ability to save money. And you do get used to it! Experimenting with new recipes at home really helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping we not only are able to stick to our day to day spending budget as a result, but also spend less overall and maybe even trim a little off of our waistlines. I'll be posting some of our new foods this month to help stay on track!

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers