3/02/2017

It's Tax Time!

This year I'm doing taxes for myself, for Jordan, my great aunt, my grandparents and my deceased grandmother too.  They are all pretty straight forward, but I am learning a few new things.

For us, the big thing is finishing the claim on our moving expenses.  We moved in 2015, but our house didn't close until 2016.  So, we  are able to claim the real estate fees, holding costs and other pieces of the sale against income in 2016.  All that is to say, we're looking at a combined refund of about $9,000.  This is fantastic news, because our line of credit debt is sitting at about the same.  It'll feel great to have that cleared off the table.  It'll just leave the Kia and the Mortgage as our only debts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers